Wednesday, July 7, 2010

And so it begins...

I have astonishing news.  I can barely believe it myself, seeing as how we have owned the property and worked toward this for over a year, and dreamed about it for much longer but....




..... on July 7, 2010 (which now was yesterday) we actually broke ground on the new house.


And by broke ground I mean my husband rode around on pieces of large machinery and dug a huge hole where the foundation will be.

Now since he's doing a lot of the work himself, our building project may take a little longer than one built by the big builders that go in and build entire neighborhoods, but that's ok.  (Ok, let me clarify... that's ok within REASON! I do have my limits.)

But it's been STARTED.  And it's OUR HOUSE!!  Soon I will actually have room to breathe, and I'll have CLOSET SPACE, and my cat will become an outdoor kitty (I've told her, but so far she hasn't seemed interested in that fact) so I'll no longer be vacuuming tufts of black hair that blow across the floor like tumbleweeds.  And I'll have room to get my KitchenAid mixer out of the box and actually use it.  And I'll have an actual porch to sit on and read books and sip tea, and water my many, many plants that I'll plant.  Oh, how I've missed having a porch.  And a tub.  Do you KNOW how long it's been since I've been able to stretch out in a warm bubble bath??  DO YOU??? 

I know it's all still a long way off now, but since we now have a hole, aren't I allowed to be just a LITTLE excited? 

Yesterday we had a vacant lot.  Now we have a hole.  Soon we'll have a home.  I can't wait to start posting pictures of the progress!

No comments: